- 1. A sword is a melee weapon consisting of a long single or two-sided blade with a handle, which can be held in the Pirate's hand.
- 2. The skill for using a sword in Pirates Online. This skill covers using a Cutlass, Sabre, or Broadsword. Dagger is a different skill set weapon.
- 3. The Cutlass is the first weapon a pirate will recieve.
- 4. You get the Cutlass from Will Turner in a warehouse on Rambleshack Island.
- 5. Both Unlimited and Basic Access members can have this fantastic weapon.
- 6. A sword also is similar to the Dagger since the sword looks like a ' giant dagger '.
- 7. There are currently six legendary swords, their names be: World Eater Blade, Behemoth Blade, Emerald Curse, Lost Sword of El Patron, Thunderspine Sword, and Blade of the Abyss.
Types of SwordsEdit
There are three varieties of sword, each with their own advantages and disadvantages. Each sword type has a certain set of combos (5). You can do a glitch that allows you to skip the third or fourth combos (or both). Example: for the cutlass, the glitch would allow you to skip cleave or flourish. Hack, slash... Flourish, thrust! Doing this is effective for PvP.
The sabre is a very straight, single-edge shorter sword. They are primarily fencing weapons. Light and fast, the Sabre is easy to use but hard to master. The sabre uses quick, short hits to take down an enemy, but it requires more hits due to less damage being done.
Note: Each combo move must be learned in sequence. ex: you cannot unlock Rapid Strike then immediately after unlock Cyclone Cut without unlocking Slice and Dice first.
CutlassEditThe cutlass is a heavier sword with a thick, curved blade. They were preferred aboard ships since they wouldn't get caught in the rigging as easily, but could still deliver a strong, hacking blow. The cutlass is the first weapon the pirate receives from Will Turner. The sword you get from Will Turner is a Rusty Cutlass The cutlass is also the original blade technique used before the new weapons invetory came out.
Note: Each combo move must be learned in sequence. ex: you cannot unlock Cleave then Thrust immeadiately after cleave because Thrust requires Flourish.
The broadsword is a larger, longer weapon that is double-edged. Its heavier blade makes it harder to swing and slower to use, however, whatever loss it has in speed, it certainly makes up for in its effective and lethal blows. Talented swordsmen can strike several enemies at once with one. The slower swings means the pirate may find completing a combo more difficult, but they will unleash terrible damage. The most skilled of broadsword users can take down a large group of enemies in several fatal blows.
Note: Each combo move must be learned in sequence. ex; You cannon unlock Spin Cut then immediately after Spin Cut to Jumping Slash without unlocking Reverse Spin Cut first.